- Can run on both 115V and 230V by the change of a plug.
- Infinite control of wire feed speed.
- Compatible with a Spool Gun with no external controls/equipment needed.
- Internal storage for spare tips.
- Needs a seperate spool gun to weld Aluminium.
- Would benefit from a cart, as this unit weighs 79lb (35.8KG).
Hobart’s 210 MVP is a versatile and reliable machine. The ability to use both 110V and 240V within one unit as well as the high output power ensures you can tackle any job. Hobart continue to produce high quality welders, with a range of features making welding a pleasure.
Brand name: Hobart
Model: 210 MVP
Height: 12-3/8 in. (315 mm)
Length: 19-1/2 in. (495 mm)
Width: 10-5/8 in. (270 mm)
Duty Cycle: 20% @ 90A (19 VDC) & 30% @ 150A (23VDC)
Process Type: MIG, Flux-Cored
Product weight: 79lb (35.8KG)
Welding Amperage Range: 25 – 210 A (230V) & 25 – 140 A (115V)
Wire Feed Speed Range: 40 – 680 IPM & 60 – 770 IPM at no load
Overview of Features
Dual Voltage Input: The Multi-Voltage-Plug gives you the ability to use either 115V or 230V receptacles with a quick twist with no tools required. A great feature if you frequently work on site or only have 115V power supply. All you need to do is choose the plug that fits your outlet, connect the plug for your welder and you can begin welding.
Portability: In terms of size this machine is a small and compact unit making storage easy. It does weigh 79lb (35.8kg), which would make moving difficult. Along with the rest of your supplies it would be worth investing in a welding cart to make transportation easier – Hobart make a cart which you can find here.
210A Output: With a maximum output of 210A on 230V input voltage, the 210 will weld 3/8 inch mild steel in single pass. This will be enough capability to weld jobs around the house, or taken into a commercial setting.
Infinite Wire Speed Control: The ability to fine tune a welder to your preferences is a crucial feature, with the 210 mvp providing this by a notch-less speed control. Different materials call for different settings, being able to control the speed of wire will deliver better welds with less cleanup and splatter.
Dual Groove Drive Rolls: When using multiple wire sizes the dual groove drive rolls make switching much easier. This model features one knurled groove and one smooth groove for .030-.035 in. (0.8-0.9 mm).
7 Voltage Selections (230V) 4 Voltage Selections (115V): Depending on the input voltage you have the ability to fine tune the output voltage, improving arc stability and performance to produce perfect welds.
Internal Storage: Store spare tips inside the unit, keeping them clean and with you wherever you go.
In-built Spool Gun Circuitry: No need for external circuitry when connecting a gun, just attach and weld without any extra expense of complications.
Will this welder suit my needs?
If you’re looking for a MIG/FCAW that can weld aluminum, the 210 MVP is a great choice. With a higher output amperage compared to the 140 Handler, ability to weld aluminum and ability to run on 115V or 230V input voltage. This welder would be perfect for Construction, Auto body repair, Farm/Ranch work, Boat/Marine or around the house. It’s a truly versatile unit produced by a well known and trusted brand.
What’s in the box?
- Comfortable 10 ft. (3 m) H100S4-10 gun
- 10 ft. (3 m) work cable with clamp
- Built-in gas solenoid valve and dual-gauge regulator with gas hose
- Spool hub assembly accommodates 4 or 8 in. spools
- Sample spool of .030 in. (0.8 mm) self-shielding flux-cored wire
- .030 in. (0.8 mm) contact tips
- Quick Select™ drive roll for .024 in. (0.6 mm) or .030/.035 in. (0.8/0.9 mm) solid, and .030/.035 in. (0.8/0.9 mm) flux-cored.
- Power cord with 5-15P (115 V, 15 A) and 6-50P (230 V, 50 A) MVP™ plugs
- Welding guide and material thickness gauge
- Owner’s manual with installation, operation and maintenance guidelines
SpoolRunner™ 100 Spool Gun
#194776 Small Running Gear/Cylinder Rack
Hobart 195186 Protective Weather Resistant Cover
If you’re on the market for a reliable unit capable of welding Aluminum (Spool gun needed) with 210A this product is a great choice. With small features such as the tilted control panel, or built-in storage for welding tips make using this machine much more pleasurable.