- Capable of four different welding processes (MIG, Flux-Cored, DC TIG and DC Stick).
- Weighing just 40 lbs and measuring 14 in x 10.75 in x 19 in (356 mm x 273 mm x 483 mm), this unit is easily portable.
- Feels well-constructed and made of quality materials.
- Easy to use interface, no problem for any skill level of welder.
- Although it has TIG and Stick functionality, it may not perform as well as a standalone unit.
- Will only weld Aluminium with a spool gun accessory.
The PowerMIG 210MP is a versatile multiprocess welder capable of MIG, Flux-Cored, DC TIG and DC Stick. This machine features a great interface, making it simple to change your welding settings. In the review below we will look at what makes this welder a great choice if you’re on the market for a multi-process welder, and break down each feature.
Brand name: Lincoln
Model: 210 MP (Multi-process)
Height: 14 in. (356mm)
Length: 19 in. (483mm)
Width: 10.75 in. (273mm)
Duty Cycle: 40% @ 100A (120V) & 25% @ 200A (230V)
Input Voltage: 120/230V
Process Type: MIG, TIG, Stick and Flux Cored
Product weight: 40lb (18.14KG)
Welding Amperage Range: 120V: 20A-140A DC. 230V: 20-220A DC.
Cored Wire Size Range: .035 – .045 in (0.9 – 1.2mm)
Wire Feed Speed Range: 50-500 ipm (1.3-12.7 ,/min)
Overview of Features
Four Welding Processes: With this welding machine you can use MIG, Flux-Cored, DC TIG and DC Stick welding processes. Ideal to have all in one piece of equipment if you need to move between jobs, or don’t have the space for multiple welders.
Lightweight and Portable: Weighing an impressive 40lbs unboxed (18.14kg), this unit is easily portable compared to similar models on the market.
Dual Voltage Inputs: Supporting both 230V and 120V inputs, you can use this welder on a commercial site or on a home power input (at reduced output if input is 120V).
Inverter Technology: You can power this welder via an appropriate generator – be sure to check the voltage and hertz of the generator prior to use.
210A Output: This unit has a high power output, allowing you to tackle any job thrown at you. Using the MIG process you can weld up to 5/16 inch with mild or stainless steel. You can weld Aluminum up to 3/16 inch. DC Stick allows you to weld up to 5/32 in. stick electrodes.
Ready, Set, Weld: An interesting aspect about this welder is the “Ready. Set. Weld” feature. This allows you to setup the machine much quicker, and Lincoln claim you can go “from box to weld in under two minutes”. Here is a video demonstrating this feature:
Will this welder suit my needs?
This welder is ideal for someone with low to mid-level experience with welding, either in a commercial or home setting. As this welder provides a simple and effective way to program the machine, which is great if you can’t remember all of the settings for your desired material. As this welders power output is 210A it can tackle a large range of material thicknesses, which should suffice for the vast majority of welders.
This product wouldn’t be suitable for someone who needs to weld Aluminum, I feel an AC/DC unit would be better suited and more cost effective. You can weld Aluminum with this welder, however you need to purchase a separate spool gun. If you require near 210A for extended periods of time, you would be better suited for a higher rated welder or a water cooled welder. The duty cycle for this machine is 25% at 200A – if you need this sustained for extended periods of time it may be more cost effective to opt for a different welder.
What’s in the Box?
- Magnum® PRO 175L Gun, 10 ft. (3.0 m) (K4076-1)
- 120V and 230V Input Cables
- Work Cable and Clamp
- Electrode Holder and Lead Assembly
- Adjustable Gas Regulator and Hose
- Gas and Gasless Nozzles
- Gun Cable Liner (pre-installed in gun)
- Spindle Adapter
- Sample 1 lb (0.45 kg) Spool of SuperArc® L-56® Mild Steel MIG Wire
- Sample 0.5 lb (0.22 kg) Spool Innershield® NR®-211-MP Flux-Cored Wire
- 0.025 in. (0.6 mm) and 0.035 in. (0.9 mm) Contact Tips
- 0.025 – 0.030 in. (0.6 – 0.8 mm) and 0.035 in. (0.9 mm) Drive Rolls
- 0.030 – 0.045 in. (0.8 – 1.1 mm) Knurled Drive Rolls
- 0.025 – 0.035 in. (0.6 – 0.9 mm) and 0.045 in. (1.1 mm) Wire Guides
If you want to weld Aluminum, you will require a separate spool gun which is not included.
An in depth unboxing video can be found here:
What is the product?
The Lincoln 210 Mp is a multiprocess welder, capable of MIG, Flux-Cored, DC TIG and DC Stick welding processes within one unit.
Where is Lincoln 210 mp made?
This welder is assembled in Mexico, with Lincoln Electric being a US company.
In conclusion the Lincoln 210 MP is a great choice as a multi-purpose welder. With its portability and range of functions it will cater to a wide range of applications. The ease of use makes it attractive to beginners all the way to seasoned welders, making this welder a great all-rounder.