- Weighing just 38 lbs (17.24 kg) and measuring 11.25 inches wide, 12.5 inches in height and 20.5 inches in length.
- Spool gun detection will automatically select the spool feed when you connect a MIG/Spool gun.
- Can perform MIG, TIG and Stick within one machine. Perfect if you require multiple processes, but don't want seperate machines.
- Compatible with 115V and 230V Input Voltages.
- Miller standard 3 year warranty, backed by a large company with a good reputation.
- You will need a separate spool gun to weld Aluminum which is another cost on top of the unit.
- The wire feed may be too fast for a beginner which is something they may find difficult initially with this welder.
Millers Multimatic 200 is a revolutionary multiprocess welder combining MIG, TIG and Stick weldin processes into a 29lb machine. Winner of the best new product at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), with over 2000 products submitted shows this model is a cut above the rest.
A great combination of brand quality, versatility between all 3 welding processes and portability of a 29lb machine makes it a great purchase.
1. Brand name: Miller
2. Height: 14.5 in.
3. Length: 17 in.
4. Width: 9.75 in.
5. Input Voltage: 110/115/120 V – 220/230/240 V
6. Process Type: MIG, TIG, Stick, Flux-Cored
7. Product weight: 19lb.
8. Weld Thickness: 24 ga. – 3/16 in (120v), 24ga – 3/8 in (240V).
9. Wire Feed Speed Range: 1.8 m/min – 10.8 m/min (70 IPM – 425 IPM)
10. 120V Amperage Range: 30 – 140
11. 120V Duty Cycle: 20% at 110A, 100% at 75A
12. 240V Amperage Range: 30 – 200
13. 240V Duty Cycle: 20% at 150A, 100% at 120A
Overview of Features
Inverter: There are two types of welders on the market, inverter and transformer. Due to advances in technology the vast majority of machines on the market make use of inverters due to their increased energy efficiency, arc performance, arc stability and portability. This model also makes use of an inverter, which enables a weight of 29lbs whilst incorporating MIG, TIG and Stick welding processes.
Autoset Elite: Instead of having to manually set the voltage and wire feed speed, then having to test these settings on scrap material you can use the autoset feature to remove the guesswork. To use you need to select the wire diameter you plan to use, as well as the material thickness. You’ll see on the front panel the blue autoset light will illuminate, which requires you to select the process type – Flux-cored, MIG Stainless Steel, MIG Steel C25 (25% carbon shielding gas), MIG Steel C100 (100% carbon shielding gas) or MIG Aluminum. Finally you need to select the material thickness, and the autoset feature will setup the parameters for you perfectly.
Mutliprocess Capabilities: Millers range of multiprocess units, called Multimatic incorporates multiple welding processes within one unit. The main benefits are lower cost compared to 3 seperate machines, saving space by storing only one unit,
Direct Connect Spoolgun: In order to weld Aluminum a spool gun is a simple and economical peripheral that can be added to your setup. This model will will automatically detect the peripheral and adjust accordingly. Reducing the need for user input, and reducing the settings needed for an optimal setup.
Fan on Demand: The cooling system is on demand – which means it operates when the unit needs to be cooled. This reduces noise, energy consumption as well as airborne contaminants drawn through the machine.
Auto-line Technology: The auto-line circuit built into the welder boosts input voltage to a higher, consistent voltage. This is handy if incoming voltage fluctuates widely, ensuring your arc is rock steady at all times. This also boosts power efficiency, as the machine will draw less amperage enabling more machines to be in use concurrently, as well as lowering electricity costs per unit. If welding on 115V input voltage, you can achieve the maximum output possible despire the lower input voltage, according to Miller this output amperage is 30% higher than competitive welders on 115V.
Miller Multi-Voltage Plug: Supporting 110/115/120 V as well as 220/230/240 V inputs, you can use this machine on a commercial site or on a home power input. In order to switch between the two different voltage types, all you need to do is rotate the ring on the back of the plug and remove it. Then replace with the other supplied plug.
Impact Resistant Casing: Made from the same material as Miller auto-darkening helmets, protects the interals and wire from damage which is easily achieved if moving the unit around. It’s also a deep black color, which hides minor scuffs to the exterior.
Arc Characteristics: Boasting the functionality for positive arc starts, and able to maintain a stable arc with minimal splatter using mixed or 100% CO2. An overlooked feature which will ensure clean welds.
Thermal Cut Out: When the welder reaches it’s maximum operating temperature, it will cut the arc and prevent you from continuing to weld. This is an automatic feature to protect the unit, and prolong it’s operating life.
Will this welder suit my needs?
Due to it’s multiple functions and excellent portability means it will fit a wide range of applications. It’s portability allows you to move between jobs, and can be run from 115V or 240V power source – great if you work on commercial sites that require a lower voltage power supply. Due to it’s light weight makes transporting easy and hassle free
A great multi purpose tool suitable from DIY, Farm and Ranch work to Auto Repair. Even with all accessories it weighs less than 50lbs, able to tackle most jobs you can throw at it! For added reassurance, Miller offer their true blue warranty which covers different aspects of your welder and accessories for up to three years (depending on the level of cover).
What’s in the Box?
- Multimatic 200
- RFCS-6M Foot Control – 13.25-ft.
- 10-ft. (3 m) Bernard Q150 MIG gun
- 13-ft. (4 m) lead with electrode holder
- 10-ft. (3 m) work lead with clamp and 25-mm Dinse connector
- Power cord and MVP plugs for 120 and 240 V
- Argon and AR/CO2 mix regulator/flow gauge with 12-ft. (3.7 m) hose
- Quick Select drive roll for .024 in (0.6 mm) or .030/.035 in (0.8/0.9 mm) solid wire, and .030/.035 (0.8/0.9 mm) flux cored wire
- Two contact tips for .030-in. (0.8 mm) wire, and two contact tips for .035-in. (0.9 mm) wire
- Material Thickness Gauge #229895
- TIG Kit
- Information/settings chart and quick setup guide
An in depth unboxing video can be found here:
What’s not Included?
All products have accessories that aren’t included. Let us shed some light on must-haves.
Aluminum spool gun
For a multi function welder the multimatic range is a great choice, with the 200 packing a great range of features as well as output amperage. The award from SEMA is well deserved too – as this model will consistently outperform a like-for-like machine. If you’re on the market for a welder that will combine multiple welding processes, and you want the best equipment for the job, this is it.